Thursday, August 2, 2007

You've Gotta Start Somewhere

Well it's time to shit or get off the pot. Ruth & I have challenged each other to race a 100 mile race in Tahoe in July, 2008. I have not been training consistently for many years now but the immensity of the endeavor & the rudderless feeling I've had all summer have now forced me into action.
Don't get too excited, though. I am starting pretty far back of fit & I am notorious for starting training but rarely have I followed though in the last 10 years since I stopped racing competitively.
Why?
Well maybe training for this event will allow me the time to think about this more critically & help to give my training a little direction.
So it started last night with a little over an hour run with my Pikes Peak group. We ran out at St. Edward's Park & scooted into Forest Ridge for a single loop & back.
Again, you've gota start somewhere.

Distance: Who Cares?
Duration: 1:06:31
Location: St. Edward's Park
Week's Total: 1:06:31
Month's Total: 1:06:31
Weather: 93 degrees but clear as a bell & gorgeously green

4 comments:

MW said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MW said...

Good luck!

Amy said...

Volume trumps consistency? No, wait...

Unknown said...

Look who's joined the blogging world!!!