Thursday, August 23, 2007

Alright, So Maybe I Am...

...a quitter. When it comes to my own training, life intercedes all to0 frequently as an excuse. The express purpose of this blog was to self-publish a training log to help motivate my lazy ass into being consistent. It has been an unmitigated failure up to this point. I tell every athlete I coach that consistency is the foundation of better performance. If you don't do the work, you can't claim the prize.

I was tempted to just let this little doggie die...but that would just continue the vicious treadmill I have let myself fall off. I am just going to get back on damn it. Maybe when I fall off the next time I can get back on more quickly.

Out the door for a short 20 min spin in Old South Austin. It'll feel good to sweat.

2 comments:

Sadie J said...

You definitely do not qualify as a quitter. You managed to finish that damn Pike Peak that I hated so much with all of the pain you were going through...you are not quitter material.

It's nice to see your blog!

brownie said...

This blog sucks!

Joe told me about your 100. I'll be down in your area soon, if you're so outta shape we'll hit the trails for some long stuff.